About Thonon Evian Grand Geneve FC
The Biggest Soccer Club in the Greater Geneva Area
Since 1924, Thonon Evian Grand Geneve FC conveys the true values of soccer from a heritage of a professional club. Formerly Evian Thonon Gaillard FC, the club ascended to the French 1st professional division “Ligue 1” from 2012 through 2014 impulsed by the Danone Group.
This corresponds to the period when the facilities and amenities of the International Center of European Football were designed with the objective to develop professional players.
Today, Thonon Evian Grand Geneve FC, gathers 1,500 elite boys and girls from U7 through Senior, in the entire Greater Geneva area, and competes in the official French league.
Patrick Trotignon, Director of the residency soccer academy, is also Vice President of Thonon Evian Grand Geneve FC. He is, among other matters, responsible for the scouting and exposure of all players at ICEF.
Not only is Thonon Evian Grand Genève FC an opportunity for all players in the Greater Geneva Area, but also for ICEF residents who are involved with the clubs’ teams according to a very specific development program.
Don’t forget to follow the team on social media @thonon_evian_fc.
Key points of Thonon Evian Grand Geneve FC
- 4 football locations: Thonon-les-Bains, Evian-les-Bains, Ambilly, Saint-Julien-en-Genevois
- 700 licensed players over 13 years-old, including 150 women
- 2 Pro senior men’s teams
- 1 Pro senior women’s team
- 1 National U19 Women’s team
- 2 National level U18 teams
- 2 National level U16 teams
- 5 National level U15 teams
- 500 licensed players (both boys and girls), from U7 to U13
- 35 educators and licensed coaches
- 8 referees
- Team MVPs who were former players in ‘French Ligue 1 & 2’
- Alexis Thebaux
- Kevin Afougou
- Emmanuel Imorou
- Maxime Bourgeois
- Cyriaque Louvion
- Bryan Bergougnoux